The customer: Knol Visitor - Knowledge seeker
Stakeholders: Knol visitors, knol authors, Google, Government, Society, Judiciary, Educational institutions, Research organizations, Publishing houses, Media, Other e-publishing platforms and authors, Other internet companies
Mission: To support knol authors in their endeavor to provide knol visitors the knowledge that they are seeking in an accurate, well structured and formatted document and language accompanied with appropriate audio-visual features in an economical way.
1. To support knol authors in their endeavor to provide knol visitors the knowledge that they are seeking in an accurate, well structured and formatted document and language accompanied with appropriate audio-visual features in an economical way.
2. To develop content strategy for knol on a continuous basis.
3. To spread awareness about knol among potential authors and encourage them to become authors on knol.
4. To develop and improve guideliness for writing good knols and communicate them to authors.
5. To develop understanding on copyright laws and communicate with authors so that they do not violate others' copy rights and take actions to protect their copy right. Foundation will take some actions to protect copy right of knols.
6. To develop understanding of marketing issues related to electronically published articles and to suggest measures to improve marketability of knols.
7. To understand the revenue earning potential of knols and to suggest actions to maximize the revenues of authors subject to the long term viability of the knol platform.
8. Providing education, training and support to new knol authors in knol writing and marketing.
9. Organizing knol author conferences to promote interaction among knol authors, recognition and motivation.
10. Organizing common communication channels among knol visitors, authors and knol technoloy and administratin team members.
11. Organizing knol competitions.
12. Providing funds for knowledge creating activities (funding research)
13. Protection of rights of knol authors.
14. Welfare of knol authors
1. Meetings foundation board (on line, physical)
2. Meeting foundation members (on line physical)
3. Meeting with Google knol team (on line, physical)
4. Author membership drive.
5. Knol writing to promote foundation and its objectives.
6. Press releases
7. Press conferences
8. Author conferences
9. Study projects - on copy right laws, marketing issues
10. Organizing knol competitions
To join the foundation as a member send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Knol Bulletin Board for writing messages